Ovarian cysts, or simply known as cysts, are fluid-filled sacs that develop on the ovaries. Cysts are very common and usually doesn’t come with any symptoms. Most cysts occur naturally and would disappear by itself after a while without requiring any treatment. Symptoms of an ovarian cyst only appears if it ruptures, grows more enlarged than normal and is blocking blood supply to the ovaries.
Should this occur, you will experience symptoms such as:
- Pelvic pain that ranges from a dull, heavy sensation to a sudden, severe and sharp pain
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Difficult or uncomfortable bowel movement
- Frequent urination
- Irregular (heavier or lighter than normal) periods
- Feeling full after eating very little
- Difficulty getting pregnant
If you experience these symptoms or suspect that you may have an ovarian cyst, please get in touch with us and schedule a checkup. It’s always better to be on the safe side.